Friday, May 23, 2008

Mommy said yes

When I called today, uncle was also in Taipei. That was a good thing. I was worried how mom would react to the news that I am moving to Hawaii. She was not very happy when I talked to her last time. She thought I am doing well in Houston. Why move? Of course Uncle was very excited. Like most people, he likes the idea that he can come visit me. With Uncle's enthusiasm, mom seemed pretty receptive to the idea now. She even asked if there will be a place for her and aunt to stay if they visit me. I told her Honolulu has a very good bus system. She can come and stay with me for a longer period and take the bus to China town every day. She seemed to like this idea. It was a relief to get her okay on this. She was also very pleased that I found Fo Guan Mountain and have made some initial connections. This is something good about being a Buddhist - when we move to another city, we just find a Buddhist community and we are good. Mom was happy for me.

No comments:

sitemeter