Wednesday, June 11, 2008

all my attachments

So what do you get rid of?
How do you make the decision?

I was going through all my clothes. Many of them I no longer wear. Some of them still have the original tags on it. Rest of them I rarely wear. Most of them are not top of the line and are not worth too much.

Do I bring all of them to Hawaii? If not, how do I pick and choose? None of them are ware and tear, all of them are in good condition.

I take out one, thinking I have not put it on for several year
So I put it in the give-to-good-will pile
Then I hang it back to the closet, thinking this might be the one I will need

If I make the cut based on how often I actually wear them, then most of them will go to the pile
If I make the cut based on the possibility I will want to wear them, then most of them will stay

Souvenirs and gifts are a little different, especially gifts

do I get rid of this glass grapes? mom gave it to me
do I get rid of this UHCL sailboat? a friend gave it to me
do I get rid of this picture? it is a friend's family picture
do I get rid of this certificate? it shows my progress in learning Buddhism

How about my 11 picture albums? What am I going to do with them? Am I going to haul all of those pictures all the way to Hawaii?

The easiest things to give up are the big furnitures for practical reason: it is simply too expensive to move them across the ocean. The hardest things to let go are these personal items.

Attachments. I have more then I realized!

No comments:

sitemeter