Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I officially resigned today

So I turned in this letter to Vera, the department chair today. It is as official as it can be. This is the point of no return! Goodbye Houston. Hawaii, here I come!


June 17, 2008

Dr. Vera Hutchison officially
Chair
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
University of Houston

Dear Dr. Hutchison:

The purpose of this letter is to inform you of my resignation from the Department of Curriculum & Instruction, effective at the end of my summer employment.

This was not an easy decision to make. The past six years have been very rewarding. I've enjoyed studying here, teaching and working for you. It was such a blessing to be able to teach classes. Those experiences have helped me grow to be a better educator.

I have accepted a tenure-track position as an Assistant Professor in University of Hawaii. This opportunity will further my growth professionally and I will be closer to my families in Taiwan.

I wish you and the department all the best

Sincerely,

Meng-Fen Grace Lin

No comments:

sitemeter