Saturday, June 28, 2008

"I do"


Today, I finally did the "I do" - I booked my one-way flight to Hawaii, - the date is August 1, 2008. Lynn, Tom and Mac the dog were my witness. After I hit the confirm button, Tom sang the famous Hawaiian song, they cheered, and Lynn took me to moveable feast for dinner.


I was IMing with Lynn 2 days ago. She asked this million-dollar question everyone else asked: when are you leaving. "End of July, early August," I replied as I did many times before.

"got ticket?" Lynn typed.

"not yet but maybe I should" I replied.

"definitely," affirmative from Lynn.

"but it seems to be such a big deal for some reason i kept postponing it

of course, leaving 15 years of life behind. it's like getting married.

keep checking to see if seats avail but just cannot hit that button that says "confirm"

as much as you love the man, in the last moment, you will miss your single life

i guess

hahaha, trust me. same feeling.

i guess it is like say "I do" I just have to hit that button "I confirm"

hahahahahahahahaha maybe you ought to have all your friends together to witness and a monk to bless.

hahahahahahhahahhh that is a brilliant idea!!!!

like webcast it. toss flower. wear a gown when you hit confirm. and go for a reception meal afterward

hahaha whoever gets the flower gets the priority to stay at my place

hahahahahahahahaha

that'll be fun.

we'll blow bubbles when you hit the button.


The next day, Lynn followed up with me over IM.

did you do the "i do"?

haha, don't have the courage

hahaha

maybe you could be my witness this weekend

i told tom we need to gather and witness
yes, yes, yes. and go out for dinner afterwards

hahahahahhhhhhhhhhh

you wanna do that?

so funny saturday might work

i didn't realize that it's just as stressful and scary to pick up and move your whole life.

i guess it is

but you dno't have the emotional support that society gives to a bride. it's the same thing. you change the whole existence
but being a bride, you have 50 guests to cheer you on. moving, nobody.
anyway, we can do that saturday.

okay, i will come over i log on, book the flight, you 2 cheer, then we eat

you are such a nice friend!

thanks.

it's not like i have to put up with you that much longer, hahahahahaha

not like you have anyway.

hahahahahaha i guess nobody really recognize what you're going through emotionally.

and remember, I did not ask you to pick up my "wedding cake" for me

even i didn't realize that until last night.

hahahahahahahahaha, you did a good job, too

i guess even i did not realize but i just knew i cannot hit that confirm button you have no idea how many times I went to continental.com but just cannot do it very scary, I guess

i understand now. i guess you din't quite understand why either.

i guess so

so, together we were able to come up with the explanation.

No comments:

sitemeter