Sunday, June 22, 2008

Renovation has started

What a week!

Friday morning, we went to IKEA to pick up my countertops. Good thing I have a Honda CRV that can haul long items. Those countertops are heavy to carry from my car to my apartment.

Then I went to school to meet someone who is interested in my car. We test drove around campus. I cannot tell if she is really interested. If so, she is probably not.

Then at 1:00pm, a conference call with Curt, YaTing and Georgette about our Youtube research. The meeting was productive and we pretty much divided the work and set some milestones.

Then I took 14 unfolded Dell boxes to my car then back to my apartment. They all come in identical sizes so it is easier to stack them up and transport.

After the boxes are in my apartment, I drove to June's house to babysit Claire and Ben. Ben almost ate nothing for dinner. Claire is really a big girl now. I remember when I was her age, I knew a lot of stuff. It is just that we see children growing up but often forget that they have grown. They are no longer baby.

After dinner, I took them to the temple where we have our Friday night chanting. I am really impressed with Clarie. She tried to follow the Chinese and could stay focused most of the time.

I was exhausted when I turned home.

Saturday morning, I was trying to finish a paper review for the journal. My cell rang.. Mr. Huang is coming over to start the work today. Today? Okay.

At the end of Saturday, I have a new tiled bathroom and a brand new toilet. The kitchen floor is almost ready. They will continue Monday.

Sunday morning, I went to Conn's first. I have all the addressed written down for Home Depot and Sears as well. I visited Lowes the night before. The cheapest range will be over $400 after adding up delivery, installation & haul away. But the earliest they can come is end of June. Wow, I don't want to wait for that long. When I walked into Conn's, I immediately saw this floor model on sale - manager's special, sold as is, a flat top range, black, original price in upper $500, now for $310. Wow, I took it. Mr. Huang will take it to my place Monday.

I bought 7 door knobs, 4 door stoppers and 2 smoke detectors. My place will look rather attractive after the renovation, I think.

What a week!

No comments:

sitemeter