Saturday, July 26, 2008

will I see you again?

Tonight was Shin Tien's wedding. Many young people were at Yao's restaurant. An lively event. I got to see many friends as well. At the end, I was taking pictures with everyone and saying goodbye at the same time. Claire looked up and asked, "will I see you again?"

I don't know, Claire. Maybe, Maybe not. I felt my heart sunk and tears almost ran out. I held myself back very hard. It was a wedding after all. Everyone was laughing and having a great time. "I will see you in Hawaii," I replied.

The reality: people will not come to Hawaii just to see me. I am fortunate in such that Hawaii is a desirable destination. People might come for Hawaii, not for me. But that is okay.

I don't know if I will be able to keep my old friends. New friends I will make. But does making new friends necessitate the letting go of the old?

"You make room for your new life," someone might say.

"But I have plenty room for me friends," I think.

Will I see you again?

No comments:

sitemeter