Sunday, August 3, 2008

day 3 - china town

Nothing is more disappointing than a visit to the so-called the largest grocery store in China town.

Yesterday I came to the temple to participate in their dharma assembly. Must be dehydrated and had not had enough to eat for more than 24 hours (after arriving, I only had eaten the food I bought at safeway. Even thought it cost almost $10, it was not very filling at all) I became light headed almost at the end. I had to sat out the last 10 minutes. I drank two glasses of water and rested a little. Immediate after the ceremony was finished, I left. I wanted to make sure I could get myself home safely.

On my way to the bus stop, I ran into this grocery store that calls itself Hong Kong Supermarket. Fruit and vegetables are cash only. Other groceries.... what other groceries? I walked around and around for like 2-3 times to make sure I did not miss anything. Where is anything? How can they call themselves a supermarket if they don't even have frozen dumplings? I finally found the instant noodle alies. Unforunately they don't sell any vegetarian instant noodles.

Today I asked the people at the temple where to go get Chinese groceries. Everyone told me to go to Hong Kong market. I just couldn't believe my ears and kept asking, are you sure that is the largest? What I did not say is, I went yesterday and I did not see too many things there.

Okay, friends in Houston, count your blessings!

Things are beginning to line up here as well.
Monday - visit with Ellen to get up to speed with fall class
Tuesday noon - visit with Besty to check in and to get up to speed with what is ahead
Tuesday evening - visit with Mike, Ellen and Susan to go over fall class

Unfinished Houston business:
CUIN6320 - need to finish it up
CUIN7316 - need to put it online

No comments:

sitemeter