Tuesday, August 5, 2008

day 5 - school visit

Not to make anyone jealous but my office does have two windows. It overlooks the parking lot and is right above one of the entrances to the building. However, a window is a window is a window, no complains. I might need to re-arrange the furniture a little. I think I like to face the windows more.

I sat down with Besty and she officially went over some "business" with me. Surprise, surprise, surprise, we talked all about tenure and review process. This morning I had sent Dr. Curtis Bonk's 24 tips on how to get tenure to all of them. We went to this campus place for lunch and Curtis joined us. We went over the 24 tips one by one and they both agreed on all of them. I am very lucky to have a great mentor like Curt. Hawaii people are still nice the way they were during my interview.

I also got my official UH ID today. As soon as I got my ID, I went to put $75 on the card so I can eat on campus using it as a debt card. On my way back to the bus stop, I walked by this beautiful tree. I was so impressed with it lsat time I came for the interview. The colors are so beautiful, even more so when you see it in person. There is actually a plant tour of the campus where you can take a self-guided tour and see all the variety of plants on campus. People said Hawaii is paradise on earth and it is not without merrit.

Tonight, 6 of us met at Duke's, supposely a well-known place. It was packed with people but the open air sitting, music, food, etc were so nice. I can really get use to Hawaii living soon. We were suppose to talk about etec442 but of course it was more social than real business. It was very nice to meet those doctorate students and we will be working together soon.

No comments:

sitemeter