Saturday, August 9, 2008

day 9 - farmers market

So I did it again - I forgot my camera memory card.. So I cannot show pictures of my adventure to the bustling farmers market.. I took the bike and went around west side of diamond head. Half of it was up hill. The up hill part was actually not bad. However, I am not quite in full command of the bike so I feel uncomfortable ridding on the road. As a result, I pushed the bike up hill most of the time and pushed it back all the way until I reached the park. The route was mostly scenery and the market has... a LOT of people.

I don't think the stuffs are particularly cheaper but I think they might be fresher and more unique. There are food vendors, vegetables, seafood, drinks, and plants vendors. I bought 2 papayas for $4:50 (by weight) and 2 mango for $4.40. I also bought a bottle of Hawaii local honey for $9.00. Then I tasted this Hawaiian curry and bought a small bottle to give it a try. That cost me $5.00

I am going back next week. Hopefully I will be able to bike there all the way and back. Maybe next week I should try some food as well.

How can you not be fit if you live in Hawaii?

No comments:

sitemeter