Wednesday, August 6, 2008

day 6 - Mama Mia & Costco

Woke up early morning, got on the Internet and changed all the address to the current coconut address. There is a possibility that I might be able to move in to faculty housing even sooner than September 15. I told them I would be glad to do so. As much as I love where I am, I don't want to get too used to it. People told me I am at the "gold coast" I guess it means something to the locals. P. said I know some rich friends. I guess I don't want people to think of me as someone with rich friends. Granted that there is nothing wrong with being rich, I don't want myself to be too used to this life style.

However, I should probably get down to the water tomorrow. It is such a shame that I am not doing it sooner.

Today is eventful. E. came to pick me up after lunch. We drove around diamond head along the coast to catch the movie - Mama Mia. It was such a fun movie with a very interesting story line and great casts.

After the movie, we had a little afternoon snacks sitting next to the water, with a little breeze and a nice view of the valley - Hawaii living is nice, isn't it? We talked about things in general. I like E. even though her intense personality might be a little too much for me at times, she is a good person with good intentions. She told me that I need to pitch in and do my parts for the department, unlike what Curt said about not working in committees. I can tell that she would not appreciate me not getting involved. I sort of hinted nicely that the closeness here might be something I need time to adjust to. After all, I consider myself a very private person.

Then our last stop is at the costco. I feel so much better now seeing the price. It is so much reasonable and now I feel I can actually live here.

On the way back to my apartment, I had my first sighting of the famous Hawaii rainbow. I was told that rainbow usually appears during close to evening hours. it is a little overcast today so the picture is not great but now I know why Hawaii is called the rainbow state

No comments:

sitemeter